Kundinyasa® Yoga Teacher Training
“Kundalini Yoga is uncoiling yourself to find your potential and your vitality and to reach for your virtues. There is nothing from outside. Try to understand that. All is in you. You are the storehouse of your totality.”
- Yogi Bhajan
- Mastery of Kundalini Yoga Kriyas (from the teachings of Yogi Bhajan)
- In depth instruction in leading meditation covering: dristis, mudras, bandhas, mantra, and pranayama
- Sincere study of Yogic Philosophy: The yoga sutras including Patanjalis’ 8 limbs, Creation, and vedic chanting
- Proficiency in instructing Asana (alignment, modifications, props, sequencing, and adjustments)
- Western Anatomy and yogic anatomy (including the 7 Chakras and 10 Bodies of Kundalini Yoga)
- Humanology and yogic lifestyle practices
- Intro to Ayurveda including personal and seasonal Doshas
- Nutrition- Vegetarianism, Ayurveda, and Metabolic Typing
- Weekend immersion to experience Ashram living
- Required 25 Kundalini yoga classes & 15 Ashtanga classes
- Trainees get free unlimited yoga for 9 months
- Attendance at all classes including overnight immersion
- Practicum assessment & written exam
- Completion of 25 Kundalini Yoga classes and 15 Ashtanga classes
- Completion of a 40 day and 90 day (Sadhana) practice
- At least 5 morning sadhanas (Yoga and meditation from 4:00-6:00AM)
- White Tantric Yoga (White Tantric yoga is NOT included in course fee)
- 2 1/2 hrs chanting the Ashtang mantra (Long Ek Ong Kars)
- Sat Kriya for 62 minutes
- 31 minutes of Bound Lotus
- Full payment of course fees
- Two book reports
Adesh Khalsa studied under first generation senior teachers Sat Jiwan Singh and Sat Jiwan Kaur in NYC at Kundalini Yoga East and received her Kundalini Yoga Certification in 2003. She has taught thousands of hours of Kundalini Yoga classes since she began teaching in 2002. Adesh also trained under senior teacher Anne Nowell and received her Yoga Instructor certification with emphasis in the methods of the Krishnamacharya Lineage, primarily Ashtanga and Vini Yoga, in 2008. She has used Kundalini Yoga primarily as well as other healing modalities in her own life to overcome Lyme disease and a debilitating car accident. She is living proof of the power of the teachings. She continues to help people by giving them effective tools to achieve their goals of health, stability, santosha (contentment), and abundance in their lives by teaching them kundalini yoga practices. Her inspiration for leading this training is that Kundalini Teacher trainings being offered severely lack basic foundational information and skill related to asana that every yoga teacher should know. She is keeping the teachings of Kundalini Yoga as they were passed down from Yogi Bhajan. What she is doing differently is reintroducing the essential knowledge and practices of Hatha yoga to give the teachers a more comprehensive training so they can help students to prepare their body to do the practices with more precision and ease, thereby achieving a deeper exalted experience. This is why Hatha was originally studied as a prerequisite in India before ever receiving the sacred and secret teachings of Kundalini Yoga.
Anne Nowell- Senior Teacher, has been instructing yoga for 30 years and has lived and studied in India and at two Sivananda Yoga Ashrams. She has trained and instructed for many years in the Krishnamacharya lineage both in Ashtanga and Vini Yoga directly under Pattabhi Jois and Desikachar. Founder of the Ashtanga Yoga Centers of San Diego. She will be teaching an introduction to Patanjalis Yoga Sutras as well as the history of yoga in the US. It is rare to have someone with over 30 years of teaching experience who studied directly with such prominent yoga icons on our staff of teachers for this training.
Jolie Cash – Founder of Natures Whisper yoga school and practicing Dula. She has been leading powerful and authentic yoga teacher trainings for over 10 years and has produced exceptional teachers. Owner of Hot Mama Yoga Studio on Park Blvd in Hillcrest. She will be offering her vast knowledge and expertise for the Kundinyasa teacher training in the areas of: contraindications for pregnancy, as well as sequencing, alignment, props and adjustments. Grateful to have her on our team.
Dia Wong - Co-Owner and senior practitioner at Sustain Community acupuncture in North Park. Dia is and extremely gifted doctor of Chinese medicine and certified Kundinyasa teacher will be sharing her knowledge of human anatomy and the nadis or acupuncture meridians that are activated by different postures. Her background will give a deeper perspective into the kriyas of Kundalini yoga and how they are so powerful and effective.
Tuition – $3,050
Weekend Immersion – $350
Total – $3,400
Payment Plan – $377 a month for 9 months or $283 for 12 months with cash or check.
If using a card to pay there is a merchant processing fee that would be added of $11.31 per transaction.
Aquarian Teacher Training Text Book and Manual (purchase through KRI)
The Yoga Sutras of Pantanjali (Mukunda Styles) or any version of your choice
Autobiography of a Yogi (Paramahansa Yogananda)
The Alchemist (Paolo Coelho)
March 20, 22, 23, 24
April 10, 12, 13
May 1, 4, 5
May 29, June 1, 2
(June 17-23 Summer Solstice New Mexico White Tantric-Not required just FYI)
June 21st solstice meditation
July 10, 13, 14
Aug 7, 10, 191
Oct 2, 5, 6
Nov 6, 9, 10 Practicum and Written Exam
Nov 16 Graduation
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali:
Book I Samadhipadah on Contemplation
Now we begin the study of Yoga.
Yoga is the suspension of the movements of the mind. It is the state of awareness where there is clarity to your perception.
When this happens then the Seer is revealed, resting in it’s own essential nature and one realizes the True Self.
“To be what you are is the essence of truth and will lead you to the nature of Reality. “
- Yogi Bhajan